Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deer Creek Hike


Okay, so Lowell was going to blog about this hike, but he is making brownies instead. So, I guess I'll take the lead on this one!  Just right off of the I-90 corridor is a little hike called "Deer Creek" that is actually so much more than just a creek...

We did about 10 miles total round trip, but we got to see a lot!

The views from the valleys were gorgeous. 


What you do not see in these pictures are the huge numbers of FLIES. It was a really warm the day we went on this hike, and the flies were driving me crazy. Lowell accidently swallowed one. But not me, my mouth was fixed tightly closed just in case...
 

Look at that picture. We should be on a Nature Valley box of granola bars.


At the top of the hike was a beautiful lake (we forgot the name of it...) where we ate our sandwiches. Lowell was so hot he was determined to go for a dip in the water. He didn't want to get his khaki shorts all wet, so instead decided to swim IN HIS UNDERWEAR. I told him it was gross- almost like a baby swimming in the water with a full diaper, but he didn't listen. So, I did what any good fiance would do, I took pictures of him! Haha! This on is PG for the kiddos...


No comments:

Post a Comment