Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle

I haven't been sleeping very well because it has been so hot! I'm so cranky and SO glad it is finally Friday!

This weekend (Seafair) should be a blast and I'm delighted to say that the temperature should stay within a normal range. Lowell and I are having some friends over on Saturday to watch the Blue Angels perform since we live within walking distance to Lake Washington. They have been practicing right above our house for the past few days which has been fun to see (but extremely loud... poor Lulu is a little confused...) 

The rest of the weekend will be devoted to doing "wedding chores". It is getting closer and closer. On Wednesday we bought Lowell's wedding ring! I have yet to figure out how to take a good picture of a ring without the picture over-exposing. I tried my best! I'm not very good with jewelry terminology but his ring is white gold, (I believe "brushed" white gold) and those boarders on the edges are "millgrain". That's about all I can tell you!



On Thursday, my bridesmaids Mollie, Amy and Emi met me in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle to pick up my wedding dress! I need to get a couple things altered by a seamstress, but amazingly it fit almost perfectly for not being a "custom-made" dress (meaning I ordered a standard size.) Here's to less extra money for alternations! After stuffing the dress in Mollie's car, we went out for a dinner at a new Japanese restaurant and Amy addressed some invites for me in her wonderful handwriting. Sorry, no pictures of my dress YET. :) 

Also, please stay tuned for a post by Lowell! He has offered to do a blog entry about a hike we went on last weekend. I'm excited to see that guy's blogging skills in action! 

1 comment: