Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hike with Lowell's Dad

Lowell and I both had Friday off last week and went on a hike with Lowell's Dad! It was in the Mnt Rainier National Forest, called "Crystal Peak". It was a little more grueling than expected and we were all sore the next day. Check out the pics!

Starting out. Shirts on. No "Parker sweaty-back" yet... (It's a genetic condition)

Up and up and up

Jim pretending to be bear behind me (I have a bear phobia)

There she is!

Finally there! Amazing views of Mount Rainier and 2 alpine lakes. At the top of the world! Now getting down... ugh...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is one of my fave hikes, but yes, pretty grueling! Our cabin is down the road from there off of 410. In fact, I'll be up there this weekend maybe doing that same hike! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome cabin spot! It looks like there are lots of great hikes around that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bear pose, funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete