Friday, August 14, 2009

Arriving at a mail box near YOU

Our wedding invitations! 


Trying to be the most frugal bride I can be, I decided to make my own wedding invitations. It was a little extra work, but actually really fun to do it myself. I found the yellow color I wanted at a store called PaperZone. When I asked the lady who worked there about the paper, she told me some amazing news! The paper came in "parent sheets" - a.k.a. huge sheets of paper that PaperZone cuts down to the size you want it to be. The parents sheets were only $1 each and one parent sheet gave me 30 small sheets!

With my yellow paper already cut down to size, all I did was buy off-white card stock and printed 4 invitations on each sheet. (We drove all the way up to the Everett PaperZone that was going out of business to buy the paper at 30% off. We are getting really cheap in our old age!)
 
Then I hired a professional paper-cutter to cut them down to size for me. He's pretty cute for hired help, I'd say! He ended up not charging me a dime!


Once everything was cut down to size, my bridesmaids Emi and Mollie came over to help me assemble them. It took about 3 hours with all of us working together.


It probably would have taken less time if I wasn't such an idiot! I counted up our invite list to find that we were inviting around 210 people... so I planned to make 210 invitations... Thankfully, after making about 170 invites Mollie pointed out that most invitations went to houses of at least 2 or 3 people. Ahhhh! I have PLENTY of extra invites now! The next picture is of Mollie' fancy double-sided tape tool. It was a lifesaver and really fun to use!



Special thanks to Mollie, Emi, and my hired paper-cutter for making these effective yet inexpensive invitations possible! 

P.S. If you have received an invite, please RSVP as soon as possible! Also, don't forget to fill in your name on the RSVP so I don't get too many nameless RSVPs in the mail. It can be hard to figure out who they came from! :) 


2 comments:

  1. are you mailing one to asia or do i need to email you my rsvp, can i bring someone else aside from dum dum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although you were a slavedriver, the invites turned out beautiful! Just kidding--but you forgot to mention that Lowell cooked us an amazing steak dinner to bribe the hired help! I'll do anything for a steak.

    ReplyDelete