Thursday, August 20, 2009

High Tea!

For my bridal shower, my best friend/m-o-h (that's matron-of-honor), along with my bridal party planned an adorable "tea party" wedding shower for me! It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I will let the pictures speak for themselves:



The dessert display ... mmmm

How adorable is this little tree Emi made? She hung a bunch of mini-spoons, spreaders, powdered sugar dusters, etc. along with the cake cookies. I got to take the tree home at the end of the party so now I have these little mini servers to use at my next party! The best part is the yellow spoons. Not only is yellow my wedding color, but matches the accent wall I painted in my house! 

As if putting together that tree wasn't enough, Emi also made HOMEMADE petit fours (a.k.a mini cake bites covered in fondant) with a "B" written in icing on the top of them! 


Tea sandwiches, homemade scones, yum yum! Emi even found napkins with a "B" on them to use. How does she think of everything?!


Enjoying our tea party out on the deck. I'm not smiling a big smile because my mouth is full of yummy food! My sister, Ashley/m-o-h (that's maid of honor) came all the way from Spokane to come to the shower. Thanks, Ash!



Us playing "Fiance Feud" (Emi's spin on "Family Feud".) The girls broke up into teams and tried to guess items in categories like "Lowell and Becca's Favorite Food" etc. Kelsey, who hasn't known me as long as everyone else actually got the most right! What a perceptive lady!

Then of course came present time! I told everyone I might have withdrawals after the wedding because I've gotten so used to opening presents. It's easy to feel like a spoiled brat! 




(Cute wrapping job, Amy!)


My ever-growing rehearsal bouquet and Mollie. She gave me the serving set that Lowell and I will use to cut our cake at the wedding! Isn't that sweet? 

As if Emi didn't go above and beyond enough, she also made me a cook book! She emailed my family members and asked them all for the recipes to their favorite dishes. She entered them into this website called Taste Book where you type in the recipe, add a photo and they send you a custom made book.  (With extra spaces for recipes to be added!) One of my favorite presents by far! It is very touching to flip through the pages and see what family and friends included. It makes me feel very loved! 



Thank you to all of my WONDERFUL FRIENDS! It always amazes me how much they are there for me and how much they care! I am so lucky! 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post--I am so glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait for the big day coming up...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those petit fours look professional! Emi could totally open up a bakery!

    ReplyDelete