Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Venue



So the first and probably most stressful wedding detail thus far has been choosing a venue. Finding a reasonably-priced venue in Seattle was no easy task! I wanted to keep the wedding in Seattle because I wanted everyone to be able to drink a few glasses of wine and have fun without worrying about a long drive back to their hotel or home. I also felt that getting married in Seattle was a tribute to us- Lowell and I met in Seattle, dated in Seattle, and now own our town-house in Seattle. Seattle it had to be! 

After looking at some disappointing places, we finally found our place at the Hall at Fauntleroy in West Seattle. It is an old school house turned community hall where a local catering company operates out of. They have GREAT food and a cute little room and garden to have a ceremony and reception. Best of all, they had dates in October to offer us! I thought for sure we would have to go with a gray day in January at the rate we were going... So, we choose October 3rd, 2009 for our day. It also happens to be Lowell's oldest brother's birthday so we will have two things to celebrate that day! (Thanks, Adam!) 







Originally we wanted a smaller wedding for two reasons: to maintain an intimate feeling at the wedding, and also to save on costs. Our cap is at about 160 so the guest list has been a challenge! We finally had to decide we could not include children under age 21 with the exception of Caleb (Lowell's nephew) and Noah (Lowell's youngest brother who is almost 21 anyways). Even with kids out of the count, we are still over! Stay tuned for how this one pans out... 



This is the garden area where we will be having the ceremony if all goes according to Farmer's Almanac and its weather prediction for October 3rd, 2009! The sun will be setting right behind the alter so it should be very romantic. If it does end up raining, we can easily move the ceremony indoors. Hopefully guests can hang out outside though- look how cute the garden area is! 




5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, your blog looks great already! And what a lovely venue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled you created a blog! Two posts already within 24 hours of creating it, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I'm loving your blog. I hope you are having fun writing it! I'll read everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog. I am hoping I make the final cut for the wedding. I promise I wont eat as much as usual if you keep me in the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to start a blog club!!! Love it Beeks!

    ReplyDelete