Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Favors

More about the wedding...

For our favors, we are doing the coolest thing! Lowell has been homebrewing beer for about a year now and is pretty good at it if I might add! We have all the gear: stainless steal pots, a large propane burner, 2 kegs, a CO2 tank, and even bought an extra fridge to put in the garage to house the kegs. We have bottle cappers, sterilization solutions, pumps of all kinds and even our own hop plant growing in our yard. We are SO Washingtonians! 

We've slowly been collecting beer bottles people have graciously saved for us that we wash, sterilize, fill with delicious beer, and cap. We are saving them in boxes to be used to give away at our wedding as favors. 

Now here is the best part: the labels! I ordered 200 of these awesome labels in our colors with our names and date printed on them from http://www.myownlabels.com/ 


I had them leave the bottom text box blank where I write in the specific variety of beer as we have many different kinds such as "lager", "red ale", "alt" et. 


It's a lot of fun because Lowell has an excuse to try all these new brewing recipes and our guests get to take something that really is a reflection of us! 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!!! Is it hard to do? My parents used to make their own wine back in the day, but maybe I should suggest brewing beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty tight! I hope to get my own 6er of TurtleNutz Ale at my seat at the wedding. Can't wait by the way! Good times!

    ReplyDelete