Friday, October 23, 2009

Bachelorette Party

Well, blog readers (all 10 of you- haha) I have a lot to catch you up on! The months of September and October have been a whirlwind! I actually find myself trying to think about my wedding day and not remembering a lot about it. The pictures help some of the memories come back, but for the most part I think I was on "autopilot" that entire weekend. It is very strange that the most important day of my life has already turned fuzzy in my memory. Thank goodness for video and thank goodness for my new sister-in-law who taped it for me (Stefanie is a lifesaver!)

Anyways, I very blessed to have had a total of 6 showers thrown for me! I'm still waiting on some pictures for a couple of them, but I will have to do a shower post soon. On to the bachelorette! (Sadly, it is highly likely that no one took pictures of Lowell's bachelor party and we may never get a post about his party...)


For the bachelorette, my bridesmaids and friends surprised me with an amazing get away! We went to Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum, WA. It is one of the most beautiful places in Washington! Lowell and I are definitely going back for a trip sometime... Check out the amenities!






As soon as we got there, we settled down and Emi told me I had an appointment to get a FACIAL! Oh my gosh, the spa there was AMAZING. I spent an hour soaking in their saltwater pool, sitting in the eucalyptus-infused steamer, and reading magazines in the fluffy sanctuary chairs before getting my facial.

The girls were so awesome, they had the room stocked with wine and food and gifts by the time I got back and we kicked off the girls weekend right away!

The next morning we went on a hike around the resort and laid out by the pool.



The bees were a sight to see. Christie and I both got stung. Rachel ran around like a crazy person whipping her towel trying to fight the bees. Emi let the bees crawl on her. We were also chased by a strange middle-aged man who insisted on taking our picture and following us out to the bar later on.... you know that saying, "it takes all kinds to make the world go around" always applies when you meet a character like that! He took this picture as a matter of fact.


That night I wore the standard bachelorette uniform and we went out to dinner at the resort!



A table of golfers decided to buy our table a bottle of champagne to celebrate with the condition that I present the tournament trophy to the winner at their table. I gave a heck of a speech.


Lastly, we went out to a traditional hick bar with a live band. My sneaky friends told the bar ahead of time that a bride named "Becca" was coming out so the band even put my name into a song of theirs!



It was so much fun until Emi fell off the bus... It was a bad one! When you are 4'10" bus steps aren't made for you. Especially in heels after a few drinks...


I was very sad for it to be over! I think one of the best parts about Suncadia is that you can be back to Seattle in less than an hour. I love it! Thank you to all of my amazing friends! What an unforgettable weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Suncadia it is gorgeous. We should all get together up there sometime, that would be fun. They have the most amazing Christmas events up there with the best Santa set up I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok how in the world did you make your photos come up so big? I need a lesson!!

    ReplyDelete